When you buy a baseball cap, you may find that it has creases at the back panels of the fabric. This is due to how the caps are stored or displayed in stores. In some cases, running your hands over the creases or simply wearing your cap for a day can get rid of them.
However, in most, you will have to remove them on your own if you want your cap to be seamless on all sides. Well, this article is a complete guide on how to get creases out of a baseball cap. It will show you the necessary steps for removing creases in different parts of the cap.
That said, the entire process is quick and straightforward. So, you can make your cap look perfect in little to no time.
How to Get Creases Out of a Baseball Cap – Tackling the Fabric Sections
The toughest part of the cap to remove creases from is the fabric panels on the back and the sides. Once the crease is set, you most likely won’t be able to completely remove the crease by folding it in the opposite direction. So, here’s what you should do instead.
The process involves the use of steam. The good thing is that you don’t need any specific tool other than a typical kettle. So, follow these steps.
- Put water in your kettle and put it on the stove
- Wait for the water inside the kettle to boil
- Once the steam comes out of the kettle, put the part of your cap with the creases in front of the steam
- Make sure not to put it too close to avoid burning the cap
- The steam will begin to remove the creases, but you should remove the cap from the heat, wait for a second, and run your hands along the creased part
These steps on how to get creases out of a baseball cap can also work for the sweatband area. What makes this an effective method to remove wrinkles is the combination of heat and moisture. That can easily manipulate the fabric.
Tips to Keep in Mind
Take a look at some tips to keep in mind so that you don’t ruin your cap.
- Don’t leave the cap directly under the steam for too long as it may burn the seams
- Make sure to move the cap around a bit to prevent heating it evenly
- Don’t put your hands on your cap immediately after removing it from the steam, as it will be hot
Last Few Words
While this guide on how to get creases out of a baseball cap specifically discussed the fabric part, you can also remove creases from the buckram and the brim. The way to do that is to use a hairdryer. Just make sure that you don’t leave the heat in one place for too long as it may harden the seams, which can then hurt when you’re wearing the cap.